Saturday, December 8, 2018

Severson Day 5

What a wonderful day we had celebrating Christmas with our beloved Elders of Titanyen! Thanks to so many wonderful donations, we were able to serve the Elders a fantastic Haitian meal, they received some wonderful gifts, including new tarps to use as they need (many will use as shade clothes or for rain protection). And they all went home with some bread from the bakery. It was such a great day.

One of my team members asked me what my highlight was from today. It didn't take much thought - it was being able to look into the Elders faces and greet them by name. I have been in the role of Elder Advocate/Advisor for about three years now and I love them all so much. To be able to look into their eyes and call them by name made my heart happy!

This blog is short and sweet. I am okay with that. I am happy. Thank you Jesus and Healing Haiti for allowing me to do this!

Not the best photos, but that's okay :-)

Marni



No comments:

Post a Comment