Tuesday, January 7, 2020

EBC Day #1 - Travel!

1/6/20 – Travel Day


2:00am and I arise for the day. At 3:15am we arrive at the airport and are united with our team. For myself most of the team are strangers. We navigate through security and depart for our flights to Port-Au-Prince. As we fly over the city while arriving we get a quick glimpse into the place where we will be serving for the next week. It’s unlike anything I have ever seen! I see tin sheds, concrete buildings, and tarps for roofs. Next thing I know we have our luggage, meet are Healing Haiti Haitian team members who help us navigate to one of our trucks known as the “Tap Taps” We leave from the airport. As I look out all I can see is backups on the road and from my perspective no real traffic system. There is trash on the side of the road, people who are running barefoot, and others carrying water and food in buckets on their head. 

We arrive at our guesthouse for the week. We get a quick introduction from our hosts and our shown our bedrooms. There are house staff making dinner for us already and it smells AMAZING! I settle in, our team has some time outside together playing bean bags and exploring the rest of the guest house. We pray as a team before our first dinner together and I can feel we are already coming together, opening up, and starting to be more comfortable as a team. We have a quick meeting and are informed that tomorrow’s agenda is up in the air. There is no hesitation as we are here with open hearts, and ready for whatever God plans for us. We end the night in a prayer and although we were all strangers this morning – we are now friends united for what the Lord has in store for us tomorrow. Time for bed! Good Night!


-      Jadde Rowe

2 comments:

  1. We are continually praying for you all. My the Holy Spirit lead and guide you all. May hearts be open and transformed. And most importantly may the LOVE OF GOD BE EVER PRESENT IN ALL THAT YOU ALL DO. Thank you for serving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God for safe travels to Haiti. I pray that many are healed through this ministry. We love and miss you, Christian.

    ReplyDelete