Thursday, May 2, 2019

Reflection EBC Wayzata

Bonju (Good Morning),
As the week progresses, each morning another person joins me at my "secret" spot to watch the sunrise. We awaken at 5:30 am, coffee starts to brew and we begin our day in the darkness. In the complete silence, the first rooster begins to crow. A glimpse of light.  Then then there are two, three, four roosters and they join a systematic breathtaking medley, a beautiful medley, I call, Awaking Our Community.  

Yesterday was amazing.  Being filled with the Holy Spirit, each woman and Cory pushed themselves selflessly, to serve.  I don't want to minimize the word amazing by using it excessively, however each team member was amazing.  Seeing the pure joy in each person as they loved on our children, carrying 5 gallon buckets of water over and over until their hands were sore, not complaining.  Raw, that is the reality of Cite Soleil, the poorest slum in the Western Hemisphere. I am truly humbled. I am humbled by the opportunity to lead this team, I am humbled by the resilience of my Haitian friends. Humbled, just ponder that word for a moment, humbled. When was the last time you were truly humbled?
In His name,
Kristine



No comments:

Post a Comment