Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Home for Sick and Dying Children and Apparent Project

July 6, 2016 - Today was filled with hope.  In the morning, our team split into two different groups.  Half our team went to Dari’s orphanage for children with disabilities.  The other half, (the one I was a part of) went to Home for Sick and Dying Babies.  This place is an amazing organization that takes in sick babies and young children and offers them love, medical assistance, and clean food/water.   While we were there, we held babies/children and showed them love along with assisting to feed them during lunch.  One moment during our visit really hit me hard.  I was in the room where the very sick babies were located.  There was one baby who I held for a long period of time and who was obviously very sick.  As I held and showed him love, I strongly felt God’s presence, and the word “beloved” started to repeat through my mind.  At that moment, I felt like God was telling me that all of these children are His beloved, despite their current circumstances, and there is nothing that will ever change His unfailing love for them, and everyone in the world.

Once we got back to the house, we ate lunch and visited this incredible organization called “The Apparent Project”.  This organization is focused on job creation with the Haitians in order to help keep families together.  We were given a tour of the facility where the Haitians were creating the merchandise’s that is sold to support their family.  I was in awe of the joyful and hopeful environment, and how God’s is working through this organization


Bondye si bon (God is so good)
- Jenna Rathlisberger 


No comments:

Post a Comment