Saturday, November 14, 2015

What is Worship


Verse for the day Psalm 121:1-2,5
I will look to the hills from where cometh my help.  My help cometh from the Lord which made heaven and earth. The Lord is thy keeper: the lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.


Today we went to church service in the Haitian community.  As I sat in the church, I ask myself why do we worship and what is the right way to praise him? The service was not what many Americans would call a "traditional service" in the sense that there was no preaching of the word from the Bible but more of a devotion/ praise and worship. However, the service and its praise and worship seem to suffice and be a ministry to the Haitian people that came.  As I listen to the music and the man leading praise, I realize that the music sound familiar but the words were in French.  As listen more intensely I realize that the music was not the only thing that was a constant and seemed to transcend and cross nationalities ....the calling on the name of "Jesus" and "God"  was the same. The God I worship was the same in Haiti as is in the United States.  I knew when he sang "Merci Jesus" he was saying "thank You Jesus" or when he said "Pappa" he was saying "God our father". Oh how powerful is the name of JESUS and great is he to be praised! 
God accepts our worship and praise in anyway we give it. So, clap your hands, lift up your voice moan, cry, speak in tongue....whatever you feel like doing to give thanks. God is faithful in his promise to never forsake or leave us all he ask is that we honor, obey and give him the praise. So, if you have not done it today, take time to praise Jesus for his faithfulness, his guidance, his inheritance and his love that never fails.    

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment